Thursday, June 15, 2006

Goodbye Europe, Hello Chicago!!

6/14 Brussels & Travel London (26th day)


Woke up around 7:30 had breakfast, went to EU commission broke for lunch, ate at a great little restaurant, probably the best meal I have had so far (besides Hard rock Cafe) and it was only 8.20 including drink. After that we had the EU parliament visit and came back after and had to get ready for the taxi (picks me up at 6:45pm). I took a shower and packed, then hung out a little with the group and said my goodbyes, everyone was really nice and I got lots of hugs. I really feel fortunate to have met some of these people. The taxi was really convenient. The flight to London was short only like 1 hour and that is with a slight delay in landing, I am now in Heathrow waiting for my flight, I am at Starbucks typing my journals up it is about 1am and I cant check in for my flight until 5:00am so I have a few hour to kill…I hope the time goes fast.

6/15 London to Rockford, IL – Back Home!!

I am very excited to be home! I had an amazing trip but Dorothy had it right when she said “There is No place like home!”

No comments:

Post a Comment