Friday, June 2, 2006

Scary flight but amazing Italy

I woke up at 8am this morning so I only got 4hrs of sleep last night. Too much partying for me. I am really tired. I still have not packed for Italy (as of 10am). The bus leaves to take us to the airport at 2:30pm. The lecture is not to interesting to me today and the 4hrs of sleep is not helping matters. After class there was a barbeque in the octagon on campus so we all decided to take advantage of the free lunch. It wasn’t like our American BBQ but hey what do you expect? After that we went home so that I could pack and we could leave for the bus to the airport.


Check in at Bristol was smooth sailing. We ran into some of our group at the airport. The people going to Scotland had a flight about an hour before ours. It felt like forever when we were waiting in the airport for our flight to Italy. The flight has been delayed for almost 2 hours. We have been here since 3pm and it is now 6.30pm. So our plane left finally at 7:15pm (it was supposed to leave at 5:10). I also forgot my Xanax at the house and I really hate to fly so it was not good. There was some rally bad turbulence which freaked me out even more. Overall…a very bad flight to Italy. I mean the whole experience should have been filmed. The turbulence started and I started gripping the seat and praying (no joke it was that bad) and then the seatbelt sign came on and the flight attendant stood at the front of the plan and said “The captain has illuminated the seatbelt sign because we are experiencing a little bit of Tuuuuuuurbulance.” That is when the whole plane dropped (I literally flew up in my seat) and the flight attendant fell into the lap of the people in the first row. I almost cried I was so scared. This is why I take Xananx. God I hate flying!!! Once we got to Venice Italy we took a cab to the Titan Inn and it was amazing! This hotel might as well have been an apartment. We had two rooms with a balcony and I little kitchen. I freaking love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment