Saturday, June 3, 2006

Italy is my one true love!

I woke up this morning with a big grin because I am in ITALY!!! Amy, Teresa, and I have been here since last night and I am very excited to see Venice. We left the hotel around 8am and headed for the bus stop to take us into Venice (downtown). I totally wiped out on the way to the stop and scraped my knee up pretty bad. I was bleeding and everything. I felt like a dork. Look at the bright side I am leaving a piece of me here! I know I know….that just gross. Lol When we got to the bus stop but we were not sure when the next one came and than we watched as it passed us by. I really don’t understand why it didn’t stop but another one came around and stopped about 20 minutes later.

When we got to the city we walked around for a while. It really does feel like you are walking around on a floating city because there are no roads and there is water everywhere. Teresa wanted to just walk around and shop but Amy and I told her that we did not fly to Italy just to shop. So we went to the Basilica and the Heart. The pigeons were out of control. Amy and I fed them. They will jump up on your arms and eat right out of your hand if you get down on your knees. We fed them corn that we bought for €1. After the Basilica we went to lunch at a little pizza cafĂ©. I had a two pizza slice meal which came with a coke and an ice cream. It was no ordinary ice cream though, it was gelato. It was AMAZING!! After lunch we did a little shopping and found the Rialto Bridge. It is a bridge with shops on it and to be honest it was a little overrated…but still cool to say we went to.

We decided to head to Pisa which meant a train ride to Florence and then a train to Pisa. The trains took a total of 4 hours and when we got there we had no idea of where we were going. So we took the bus and ended up walking in a complete circle before we found the bed and breakfast we were staying in. The language barrier is crazy in Pisa, it really wasn’t a factor in Venice. We had dinner at a little restaurant and I want to order a coke. But the menu was in Italian (of course) so I just looked up the workd for soda and pointed to the Coca-Cola logo. The waiter looked at me like I was crazy and even repeated it to me. After he brought me my drink I understood why. I ordered a liter of Coke. To make it extra classy I drank it out of a wine glass (because it was the only glass provided and I was not about to chug the liter bottle). The restaurant was playing American music but no one spoke English….I don’t get it. Anyways we called it an early night and headed back to the B&B for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment