Saturday, June 10, 2006

Wales and goodbyes

I woke up today and Amy was still asleep I think that is a first for the trip since she is always the one to wake me up. I had breakfast and got cleaned up to go to Cardiff with Teresa Bell. A lot of people are hanging around Bristol today but I feel like making the most of this last day. I met Teresa at 9:00am on the corner of Redland and Cranbrook. We took the bus to the train station. The train to Wales was only £8.10 for a roundtrip ticket (pretty good deal).


When we got to Cardiff we decided to do the castle first. We took the tour of the main house which was really cool. The house was built around 1880 by a wealthy family and I have never seen such extravagance. This family had every detail covered in this house. Their dinner table had a small hole in the center so that a grape vine gould be put up through it and they could pick fresh grapes to have with their wine. It is take kind of thing that makes you go WOW. We also walked up the castle itself and took some pictures; there is still a working mote around it.

After the castle we went to the Hard Rock for lunch. I ended up buying another shot class so now I have two from Hard Rock (one from London and one from Cardiff). By now it was about 1:30pm so we decided to just walk around a little before we headed back to Bristol. The train was back by 3:45 and I was at my host house by 4pm. I still have half the day left. It is the last night with the host family so we all stayed in and had dinner. We took pictures and said our goodbyes. Amy and I met up with Teresa to walk to the smile (convenient store) to get stuff for Bus tomorrow. I was on the computer until 2:00am typing journals and playing on the internet. I really need to pack now…asleep at 3:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment