Monday, June 5, 2006

Rome...I just cant believe I'm here!

After breakfast at the Bistro we went to the Pantheon and did some shopping. We really wanted to see the Sistine Chapel but the line was about 4-5 hours long (no joke). The biggest event of the day was the Coliseum. It was so overwhelmingly amazing inside. We had a tour so we were told all kinds of neat stories about how things were back then it always makes me wonder if they really know all the little details really happen or if they are embellishing to make the tour better??? Oh well it was fun just the same.


We checked out of the hostel about 2 and headed for the Metro and then for the bus to take us to the airport. Our flight was actually on time so I got home around 7:30 or so. It was nice to get away from Teresa because she was driving me CRAZY. Not in an I hate you way just in a being confined with you for 3 full days kind of way. I am used to being with Amy since we already room together so she did not bother me. It was also nice to see Ashley. She went to Dublin so Amy and I were able to chat with her for a while about what we all did over the weekend. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment