Sunday, June 11, 2006

Welcome to Belgium

I woke up at 5:30 so as you can probably tell from the end of last nights entry that I am very tired. I had my final morning of corn flakes and a bagel (this is what we had EVERY single morning at the host family as well as in London). It was a little weird to say goodbye to Daphne and Robert. They have both been so great to us girls and it is a little sad to leave. When you think about it there is a very big chance that I will never see them again. My bag is so heavy; Robert had to carry it downstairs. I am going to have to do something about that or it will cost me a fortune to get my stuff back to the states.


I scored a great seat on bus. I ended up in the very last row (which stretched across the whole width of the bus) and shared it with Ashley. I was able to sleep almost the whole time. I just spread out. Ashley even followed Bernie and Luke’s suite and lay in the aisle to try to sleep so then I had 5 seats instead of 2 ½ to myself. We stopped after about two hours at a rest stop. They gave us 20 minutes (too long) so everyone had to stand outside of the bus for what seemed like forever. Everyone was tired and cranky (myself included).

It was kind of cool to ride the Chunnel to France (we had to pass through on the way to Belgium). We were able to get off the coach while in the Chunnel so like 8 of us played UNO in the open area in our train car. They told us we would be stopping in France for lunch but we didn’t. We ate lunch in Belgium. The rest of the bus ride to the hostel in Bruges was ok. After we got there and settled in, we (Ashley and I) decided to walk around so that I could find another bag to buy (for my luggage situation). I was able to find one at this little store called Tara Inc. It only cost me €12.5 and it is exactly what I need. Ashley decided to grab dinner before we headed back and Pizza Hut seemed like a safe bet. I wasn’t able to finish my personal pan for some reason so when Amber and Caitlin came in I handed it off it them. Amber seemed very grateful...lol.

When we got back there was a bunch of people hanging in our room so we ended up playing UNO again. Most of the other people were drinking and hanging out downstairs. I can’t imagine drinking every night like some of these people do. Not only could I not handle that much alcohol but the expense I am sure is outrageous. The teacher yelled at them around 11:30 for being load (which they were being but…well no comment). I finished up the day with a warm shower and I was in bed by 1:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment