Thursday, June 8, 2006

Concord, Blue Glass, and Karaoke

6/6 Bristol (18th day)

Class was ok today although I was really tired. After lunch I woke up more and then we headed for the Concord. It used to cost $11,000 round trip from London to New York but the trip only took 3 ½ hour instead of 8. I really enjoyed the tour. Sitting in the front seats was kind of cool. Prince Charles used to sit in the seat that I sat in. I really didn’t do much the rest of the day. I typed up some more journals and went to bed around midnight.


6/7 Bristol (19th day)

Today was the second to last day of class and we went to the Bristol Blue glass place. I spent way too much money. I did get this really cool figure thingy…I know nice explanation…but I can’t think of a better one. It cost me £30. It was really interesting to see them make the glass into different items. We discussed some business issues such as shipments of packaging equipment but mostly we shopped. After we got back to UWE we all spent at least 2 hours in our groups preparing for the presentations.

I decided not to go out for the night so when I got home I just relaxed but then Ashley and Amy talked me into going to the Yates bar to Karaoke. It was so much fun…one of the best nights I have had here in Bristol. I sang Spice Girls Wannabe with Amy, Kim, Jenny Jones, and Lauren. I took video. It is so funny. Matt S and Mike V sang Build me up Buttercup. Matt sounded just like him when he screamed “WHY don’t you build me up?” and all Mike did was dance. It was such a good time and I am so glad I decided to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment