Sunday, June 4, 2006

A Birthday in Italy

We had breakfast at the house and than called a taxi to take us to the Leaning Tower. It was so cool. Probably the coolest thing I have seen so far. You know that whole WOW factor that you get….I got it when I walked up to this thing. I have been seeing that thing in textbooks and in the media since I was a kid and now to be standing in front of it!?! Crazy! After taking the tour we did a little shopping. Then we took the bus to the train station and headed to Rome.


It was kind of funny but I actually kind of forgot it was my birthday. I was just sitting on the bench next to Amy and Teresa and I was like, “What day is it?” Amy was like, “I think it’s the 4th.” SO I laughed and said, “Well then it’s my birthday.” We all thought that was pretty funny. I mean who forgets their birthday but I guess being in Italy kind of overshadows it. Did I mention that I LOVE this country?

When we got to Rome (3 hour train ride) we decided to check into out hotel 1st. Then we took the Metro to Vatican City. This was really cool. I am not catholic but I found this very interesting. There is so much history. We also walked up to these famous steps…I forget what they are called but there was an engagement commercial filmed on them in which a man has his wife’s parents there for his proposal (2nd wedding). I thought it was cool. After that we got some dinner and headed back to the hotel to go to bed because Monday was going to be our BIG day. We need to fit in as much as we can before we have to set off to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment