Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Berkley Castle and strange cheese fries

I woke up late. Class starts at 10 and I wasn’t up until 8. We have to catch the 9:26 bus to school everyday so I only had an hour before I had to leave for UWE. Today we talked about international business and globalization. It was kind of boring. Lunch was a basket of fries. It cost me £2.60 because I added cheese. The cheese was different…I expected a side of melted cheese but I got un-melted shredded cheese on my fries. It was ok but I wish I would have know that before hand. It’s just another thing that is done differently over here.


At 1:15 we caught a coach to Berkley Castle. It was really cool. It was built in the 12th century. We were allowed to take pictures of the castle which was nice because a lot of places won’t let you take pictures. We heard how a King was murdered at the castle. I forgot which one. Anyways he was a homosexual and he was playing favorites between his barons and there were people who were not too pleased by this. So one night they took him from his bed and in order to kill him without leaving a mark (evidence) on his body they used a bull horn to hold his bum open and stuck a red hot poker up his bum and burned his insides. This didn’t kill him quick enough so they smothered him to finish him off. Crazy huh?

After the tour I found my family code of arms at the gift shop and bought the post card that explained it. I also found my best friend Nicole’s so I picked that one up too. I talked to Paul about Belgium and how I should get to London on the 15th. I think I am going to buy a plane ticket. It just seems like the easiest way. I also found out that we have to feed ourselves while in Belgium (which sucks). I still need to make some last minute plans for Italy. Lots to do! I decided to sit home and type up some journals tonight while Ashley, Amy, Robert, and Audrey went out and I am headed to bed now (1:30am).

No comments:

Post a Comment