Thursday, May 25, 2006

Class and the theatre

Today we had more culture class. We watched an interesting video about a teacher that tried to teach children about racism by segregating by eye color Blue eyes vs. Brown eyes. It was very interesting to see how these kids reacted when told they were better/worse then their blue/brown eyed friends. After class I went home with Amy to get ready for the night. We were suppose to meet up with Caitlin, Amber, Kevin, and Ashley at the centre at 2pm but there was no way we were going to make that because when we got to the bus I realized that I had forgotten my bus pass at home so we had to walk all the way back. I know I suck! We didn’t get to the centre until 3pm and by then they had gone shopping without us. So Amy and I headed over to Subway to get drink and a snack (picture of me enjoying said drink and snack to the left) before the tour of the Bristol Old Vic Theatre.


Everyone met at the theatre at 4pm for the tour. It was fun! I was asked to demonstrate the wind and rain sound effect makers. I miss being in the theatre (high school) so it was neat to be back stage again. The theatre is almost 240 years old (end of May). After the tour the whole group went to Zero Degrees for dinner. Everyone got a beer and a personal pizza. Paul bought the whole meal since we were unable to eat with our host families. The total was over £350 which is like $700 to us. Mike V. had a seafood pizza and he sat across from me so I was kind of freaked out with his dead crawdad in front of me. I mean just look at that thing. Could you eat with that thing staring back at you? I think not. After dinner we went back to the theatre to see the Taming of the Shrew. I didn’t really like it too much. I thought that the interpretation of how Katrena was “tamed” was very bad. She just gave up all he viewpoints (the sun is the moon if her husband says it is). I liked the 10 Things I Hate About You version…lol. I almost forgot my brolly at the theatre. I had to have someone let me back in to the room after they locked it up so that I could get it.

Almost everyone went out to the Chicago cafĂ© after the play and Teresa B wanted to go home so I decided to go home as well so that she would have to go home lone and I live really close to her. I was glad that I went because it gave me a good chance to call my friends and family without any distractions. Ashley came home before Amy and I chatted with her until Amy got home around 2am. I am going to bed now…its about 3am.

No comments:

Post a Comment