Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back to Bristol!

Happy Birthday Amy! It is our final day in London and our bus leaves at 4 so we have to try to get as much in as possible. We have to meet back at the hostel at 2:30 to collect our bags from the closet (£1.5 to store each bag for the day at the hostel) and head to the bus station. To start we are going to Westminster Abby to beat the lines. Westminster was very cool. I thought it was amazing. I was much more impressed by the architecture, the history, and the statues rather than the art, but I still loved it. The Abby was located just across the street from Parliament and so when it was bombed in the 2nd world war everyone was amazed that the only damage done from the fallout was a small ole in a window about twice the size of my palm. They keep a gray colored glass piece there to remember. After that we went to the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace at around 11:30am. I will admit that I found that a little boring but at least I can say I saw it. After that we headed to Harrods to see the store and the strip of shops. Princess Diana was engaged to the owner’s son so she was a frequent shopper at Harrods. There is a special memorial in the store for her and Dody. We walked around the store for a bit and I saw a Chanel purse that had a price of £1,325 which is like $2,600.

It started out as Amy, Ashley, Allison, and I but Amy dipped out after Westminster to do her own thing so it was just the 3 of us for the rest of the time. After the shopping we stopped for lunch at McDonalds before headed back to the hostel for our bags. When we arrived at the bus station I was freaked out because Mike had bought another ticket to Bristol. He asked me to buy him one last week and I reminded him 3 times that he owed me £17 but he had the nerve to say he didn’t know who or if anyone had bought his ticket. He tried to sell back his ticket but they wouldn’t let him. I told him that I was sorry but I needed that money. He promised to give it to me tomorrow. Lets hope he does! I feel bad but it was not my fault that he is absent minded. The bus ride wasn’t too bad. I was able to sleep for almost half of it. It was only a 2 hour ride and then we took a local bus back to Zetland.

We were home by around 6:45pm. At dinner we had gifts from the family. It was a little coin purse with a sequin British flag on it. It was very sweet. We also got cards (Amy and I for our birthdays and Ashley just because). Amy wanted to go out for her birthday and we were not sure what everyone else was doing so Ashley, Amy, Robert and I went to Bishops to have a pint. Ashley and Amy had 4 so they were funny to watch. I didn’t drink much. It was fun. We played pool and hung out. We got home around 11:45 and went to bed around 1:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment