Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just a typical Wednesday?...Never

I ventured into the Chicago area to meet Alyson Noel author of the Immortals series. It was a strangely surreal experience. I left Bloomington around 4pm and was about 10 miles from my exit when I got a text (via Twitter) from Alyson saying how bad the storm was. I didn’t think it was that bad. I mean the skies were dark but there wasn’t even any rain where I was. Then all of a sudden BAM! I am talking torrential downpour. It was so bad that many people pulled onto the shoulder because it was so hard to see 10 feet in front of the car. I was determined to make it to the event so I powered through (may seem silly but I was confident I would be fine – which I was since I am writing this post :). Then I missed my turn and got lost in the madness. There were flooded streets and almost all street lights were out near the Borders I was heading to. So I finally got there (20 minutes early even) and I was able to snag a front row seat! Sweet!

The signing was fun. You can read more about it on my other blog if you are interested. I Stopped at Portillos before getting on 55 to head back to Bloomington. I love Portillos, so being in the Chicago area and not stopping in just seemed wrong plus with all the weather Madness I skipped dinner. It was delicious! Steve kept me company for some of the drive (Thanks Steve!) but for more than an hour I had only the voices in my head as company and man they are Loud! ;)

So I have had this book idea in my head since…I think February….anyways I had so much time to myself that I came up with all kinds of plot ideas. Normally when an idea floats into my brain I just write it down and file it away until I am ready to fully process it. Well when you are driving 70mph, jotting down notes is a little difficult so I grabbed my digital camera out of my purse and flipped it to video mode. I am sure I looked really funny talking into the camera mic while driving. The other drivers where probably like, “Why is that chick talking to her lap?” Too funny! But hey at least I was able to save my ideas. I do not have the best memory so if I don’t write things down then I always seem to forget them.

When I got home it was way past my bed time…10:30….hey now don’t judge me! I did a lot of driving and….oh who am I kidding I am an old lady. “Sonny, bring me my cane and my dentures so I can to the warsh.” Lol

I talked to Sara today and she took Maddy to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. Apparently she cried. This tells me that….

A: Sara is retarded

B: I can’t go see the movie because I am an even bigger wuss then my sister

C: I am currently hungry and wishing it was time for dinner

D: All of the above

I chose D: All of the above. Sorry Sara I was going to just chose B but I am pretty hungry right now. Well I think it is time to head to the pool and get my Tan ON!!! Peace out home slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment