Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cars, Cali, and other neat shhtuff....;)

So I have been having some car trouble for like two months now. My check engine light came on at the beginning of May and I took it to Midas. They did there thing with the little thingamabob and it turns out that I need to go to Toyota to have the main computer looked at. Well that sounds nice an expensive so I was like…. “um….I will just wait and see.” Flash forward to two days ago when I finally took it into Toyota. I was freaked out all day at work worrying about how much it was going to cost. So when the guy called and said they need to order a new computer for my car I almost fell over right there and then. So after I regained my ability to breath I said “oh no how much is that going to cost?” Then the guy told me “Nothing, it’s under warranty.” This is the part in the scene where the music halts and some random dude in the room says “Say What??” That is how I felt. Anyways, they ordered the part and installed it yesterday. I asked how much it would have been and the lady at Toyota told me I don’t want to know, but it would have been over $1000. I guess I must have been good this year since the warranty fairy decided to grace me with her presence.

Tonight I will be heading to Oak Brook to meet Alyson Noel. She is an author of one of my favorite series. The forth book came out yesterday so she is touring and I am going to the signing tonight. So excited by the way!

I am getting really anxious for this move to California. I just want to get out there. Not that I don’t want to be here at all, but I just want to start over. I really hope that my parents end up ok with the idea. I know that my Dad hates the idea, my step-mom wants me to do what’s best for me, my mom will support whatever I decide but not so secretly hopes I will stay. Sara of course can’t wait for me to get out there. I figure since the move is three months away I might as well drop the subject and let a little more time pass. I mean there is no sense in having the ‘rents freaking for the next few months. I will bring it up again about 2 days before I leave. lol

To tell you the truth I think I am most excited about getting to spend more time with Sara and Maddy. I mean we see each other a couple times a year for a week or so but we have not spent a significant amount of time together for like 12 years. Sara and I are so different but completely alike. If you have siblings you probably know what I mean. I also am excited to get the chance to be around for Maddy. Although I do admit that moving in with a soon to be teenager (turns 13 in December) is a little scary.

Don’t let all that sappiness fool you I am also completely in love with the idea of the beach, 60 degree weather on x-mas, and the possibility of running into “insert hot single famous dude” and falling madly in love! – Hey a girl can dream cant she? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment